This comforting stew from BBC Good Food is quickly becoming a staple favourite in our household – mostly because it uses just four simple ingredients and can be on the table in around fifteen minutes.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 200g chorizo
- 2 x 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g drained butter beans
- 1 tub fresh pesto
- Slice up your chorizo and fry in a saucepan over a medium heat (you don’t need to add any oil to the pan as there’s sufficient tasty fat in the chorizo to cook with).
- After about 5 minutes, add the tomatoes and the drained butter beans to the pan, bring it to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and swirl through your pesto
- Season lightly and serve
It’s delicious on it’s own but for some extra carbs I add a wholemeal wrap or pitta bread. If I’ve got any in, I also like to add some fresh spinach and dried chilli flakes.